Thursday, May 6, 2010

And The Winner Is...

The Kit!!!













Yes, the kit straight whooped the calendar's ass, and where the calendar tried--and failed--for six straight months, the kit swept in and succeeded on it's very first try.  Either that, or it took a few months after I stopped breastfeeding for my body to balance itself out.  All I know is, if we ever have a third, I'm not going to bother with the calendar; I'm going straight for the kit!

The best part is the digital pregnancy test that says "Pregnant" in the box, rather than counting lines.  I was looking at half lines for days, and despite every internet source known to man telling me that a half line eventually grows up into a whole line, seeing the word "Pregnant" in the digital box was very, very exciting.

And then I took a nap.  Because the tiredness is epic.

Other than that, though, I feel wonderful.  And oh, so grateful.  This baby was conceived on or about my birthday, and is due less than a week before Christmas.  A gift.  The best gift I could have received.  I am very, very grateful.

We heard the heartbeat today, for the very first time, and because this is my second time around, I knew enough to ask my husband if he would like to take half a day off from work and accompany me to the appointment.  He missed the first sono last time, because I had no idea they were going to give one until it happened.  So today we were together in the dark, little room, and the sonographer said those magic words: here is the heartbeat, and he reached out and grabbed my foot with such ferocity that I knew I wasn't the only one who has been holding my breath, waiting to hear them, since that first half line began to tease us with it's pseudo-presence.

Have a drink for me, internets!  In fact, feel free to have yourself sevenish months of drinks for me!  I'll be celebrating with ice cream, and don't worry: over the next sevenish months, I'm quite certain I'll have enough ice cream for all of you.

4 comments:

  1. K, I'm so excited! Feel well and enjoy it, and I'll have beer *and* ice cream in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! congrats! i am so happy for you!
    the summer of ice-cream has a special ring to it. I like themes. Can you tell?
    congrats again! *squee*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete