Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On The Road Again

Tomorrow we get on the road to go to my mom's house for Christmas.  The plan is to get everything done in the morning (laundry, cleaning, packing, wrapping, showers, baths, meals and whatever the hell else we think of along the way), and get on the road in the early afternoon, allowing the little one to sleep as much of the trip as possible, and arriving on time for dinner.

We depart one hour later than planned nearly every time we travel to my mom's.  I've tried planning for an hour before the real plan.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  I don't think it will work for tomorrow; there's really just too much to do.  In fact, I think I'll do the opposite this time.

I would like to leave by 1pm tomorrow.  Even saying I'll leave by noon is obviously a total lie, so I'm going to reverse it and say we'll leave by 2.  We might even make that plan!  Okay, the pressure is on!  Ready...Set...Christmas!

P.S.  I got some scrapbooking skillz!!!  No, I will not post pictures, because compared to other people in the wide world, I most likely have no skillz whatsoever, but in the privacy of my own family, where no one else scrapbooks:  I got skillz!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about the scrapbooks skillz, sometimes it takes just one to get you going or make you give up completely.

    ReplyDelete